Friday, April 10, 2009

Greyhound Bus Station

3 words I never want to hear again!!!

Sorry for leaving the last post. It turned out that the CW was airing an old episode of Supernatural.. made me sad.

Anyhoo.. those 3 evil words.. Greyhound..Bus..Station. Ew.. Never again!! I stupidly decided I was going to catch a bus from LA to New Orleans. Stupid right?? Well for 2 reasons. One. Greyhound is dirty and is full of wack-jobs oh and they cant do a simple procedure like check a tag on a bag and transport that bag to the correct bus.

I don't know if I should go into full detail about how I feel about the people I've met on this trip. I'm afraid I'll be seen as racist. But really, it's not my fault that every rude person I've come across in this country has been "of colour" and I'm actually pissed off that I have to write this. I'm not a mean person and I definitely don't want or expect special treatment. I just want to be treated like a normal human being... But these people I met were some of the rudest I have ever come across, and that says a lot considering I work in hospitality. It blows my mind!! I don't even think race comes into it, I don't even see them being nice to their own, it's just all about themselves.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all black people are bad and being black makes them rude.. I'm not!! It's just that the majority of them that I have come across were very rude and most of them had something to do with Greyhound. Either on the bus, which includes the bus drivers or at the stations.

My experience so far has made me not want to come to this country again. There are though, 3 exceptions to that but I'll get to those later.

So back to my road trip.

The bus from LA to New Orleans took almost 3 days. 3 horrific, uncomfortable days. I went through countless towns and a few states, each stop only allowing me to see petrol stations and fast food places. That was until we stopped in San Antonio, Texas. Home of Mr. Padalecki. There was when I realized Greyhound had lost my luggage. I was fucking furious!!! How hard is it to look at a tag and move it??? It's not hard, there were 40 people on the bus, MAX!! Total wankers!!!! Oh and they had the nerve to be rude to me?? They could not care less. In the end, I called my travel insurance and with their help I got what I needed from Greyhound. The stop in San Antonio was a little longer than the rest so I was able to see a bit of the town. I met a nice enough girl on the bus and we went in search of some food. I was in the worst mood that I didn't really stop to take in how pretty the town was or look for decent food. I wish now that I had though.

A day later, I think it was, I found my luggage on another bus that happened to pull up at our stop and take some bags off from their buss to get check. I looked out my window and their was my bag. I couldn't believe my luck, it was awesome!! For two days I was in the same clothes, it was so gross. In the end I had to buy a Tshirt from one of the petrol stations we stopped at. I bought a Obama T - it's awesome! :P


I need to leave it here for now. My next post will be about New Orleans.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment