Thursday, April 9, 2009

The big catch up..

Ok so last I left off I had just gotten to San Fran. Now I'm in Bath, NY but I'll eventually get to that.

So I don't know if I was just way too homesick but San Fran was a little dissapointing. Where were all the artists, or even just the art?? Like I said in my last post, I loved Little Italy. The restaurants and homes were really pretty.. and the food.. eh!! I think I managed to eat a salad.

I didn't go out much at all. The one place I found that was half way decent, Jess didn't like, so we had to go. ("Jess didn't like, so we had to go." will be a recuring theme in my posts) I spent my last night there booking busses and accomidation for the rest of my trip while Jess went on an organized pub crawl and got wasted. Again... which made for a very enjoyable drive back to LA. NOT!!!

LA again. Woo... No Woo!! If I thought I was staying in the Ghetto the first time, I was dead wrong!! This time Jess booked us in a cheep Hotel as close to the airport as possible because I had decided to go to the Supernatural Convention. So we stayed in a place called "Little Mexico" ..er sorry, Hawthorn. We were the only white people there, it was scary. We couldn't even walk down the streets during daylight without getting harrassed by men in their cars and on the streets. The wmon looked like they wanted to cause us bodily harm.. even the kids looked like they were going to kick some ass!!! So forget night time. We stayed in. And the food... I don't understand why there is only take away food to eat outside of homes. What about people who don't like their food dripping in oil????

I did however meet one nice man in LA. The day of the Con. I caught the bus from downtown to the airport. The local busses... scary!!! But luckily I was sitting next to a decent man whom I started talking to and in the end offered to drive me the rest of the way to the Con. I was a little aprehensive, but I did it anyway. I was lucky I guess because I lived to tell this tale un-harmed.

I arrive at the Mariott Hotel for the Convention, buy my day pass ticket, $55 USD and wait for the Q+As to begin. My seat was right up the back, but I didn't care. I was too excited about seeing my boys, together!!! Eventually it's Jensen "the man of my dreams" Ackels who walks onto the stage. (side note, Darcy shares the podium with Jensen as the man of my dreams) heh! My heart speeds up, my palms get all sweaty and my smile feels like it'll permenantly change the shape of my face. Finally, after all these years, The Jensen Ackels is standing, admittedly 100m but none the less, in front of me.

He was beautiful and funny! and the whole crowd including myself became very snap happy. I always feel sorry for people who have to endure a thousand/million flashs, but he didn't seem to even notice. Eventually Jared walked on the stage and tagg-teamed Jensen and we had the delight and pleasure of listening to Mr. Jared "tall and sexy" Padalecki. He is so beautiful in person, more so than onscreen for some reason. When I got to personally meet him in Sydney I was blown away!!! So here he was again infront of me talking with that gorgeous southern accent, (which Jensen shares also). I was completely loving it!! THEN... Jensen comes back on stage and we get both boys for a good hour. About 20 mins in from that point, I worked up the courage to stand in line to ask them a question. But as luck would have it, the only thing I got out of being in the line was close-up photos. Time ran out.. but I think I was happy about that, I would have been totally retarted by the time I walked up to the mic. and nothing but jibberish would have come out. I did however want to tell them that I flew all the way from Melbourrrrrrrrne, Australia just to see them. But, whatevs!

So yeah.. I saw my boys. I was happy. Back to the Mexican ghetto for me!! That late afternoon, Jess and I walked to a 7/11 and bought long-neck Smirnoff Ices'. Yeap.. Long-necks and for $4.00. So crazy!!!


Sorry to cut it short my lovelies, but the new episode of Supernatural is up and I'm out. Be back tomorrow to continue.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment